Why the pursuit for ever-growing profit margins has opened the door to Square and other small business disruptorsOctober 18, 2021
- Financial Institutions continue to pursue higher profit margins by focusing on commercial clients. In the process, they have neglected the small business market -- opening the door to disruptors.
- Square saw an opportunity: In 2009, they introduced a dongle-style card reader to simplify card payment acceptance -- addressing an ongoing pain point for small business owners -- and gained a foothold in the small business market that continues to widen.
Fintech news, curated by Tearsheet
- N26 is now worth more than Germany’s second-largest bank (CNBC) 7 hours ago
- Behind Key Bank's plan for a national bank for healthcare workers (The Financial Brand) 7 hours ago
- UK challenger bank Zopa hits $1 billion valuation with SoftBank investment (Reuters) 7 hours ago
- Pagaya and SoFi team up to broaden access to financial services for borrowers (Finovate) 7 hours ago
Partner News & Events
News & events, submitted by the Tearsheet Community