Revolut launches four new metal card colors
- UK challenger bank Revolut has signed up hundreds of thousands of users to its premium accounts.
- Now, the firm has unveiled four new colors to join the original black Revolut Metal card.
The musician John Mayer once said that life is like a box of crayons. Now, people who fancy themselves the 64-color variety have a few more options of debit cards to choose from. Revolut announced that it is launching four new metal card colors.
What’s happening: The European challenger bank is adding a splash of color to its Metal debit card offering with the introduction of four new metal card colors: Gold, Rose Gold, Silver and Space Grey.
- These cards join the original black edition that was released when Revolut Metal was launched in August 2018
Revolut Metal is the -mium of the business model: Revolut offers a freemium business model. Users can get a debit card and a basic account for free. Metal comes at a price.
- For a yearly subscription of £12.99 per month, or £120 a year, Metal account holders get access to a variety of services
- According to the firm, it’s signed up ‘hundreds of thousands of people’ to its Metal subscription plan since it launched in August 2018
- Benefits include up to 1% cashback in any of Revolut’s 29 supported currencies and 5 supported cryptocurrencies, a dedicated concierge service for booking things like flights and festival tickets, and early access to new features, like the anticipated commission-free trading platform in the works