N26 publicly launches to all U.S. consumers
- After a two month beta release, N26 goes live to all US users today.
- The company has new features and an ad campaign to support the launch.
N26 has made its mobile banking app fully available to US consumers after completing a two month beta launch.
The short of it: Starting today US residents can download the N26 app directly from the Apple App Store and Google Play.
- Users can apply for an N26 account and Visa debit card in five minutes
- N26’s US banking services are powered by Axos Bank
- “We are excited to now open up N26 to the millions of US consumers who are frustrated with their current banking experience. We give users a banking app and Visa debit card that matches their lifestyles,” said Nicolas Kopp, US CEO, N26. “We created a mobile, fast and easy way to bank.”
Perks: As part of the US launch, N26 partnered with popular subscription services to provide discounts to its users.
- N26’s Perks program provides customers with discounts on subscriptions to popular apps, like health and fitness app Aaptiv, micro-learning reading app Blinkist, podcast platform Luminary, and streaming music platform TIDAY.
- Perks provides discounts of up to 10 percent off the costs of monthly subscriptions.
P2P payments: N26 has also released a new peer-to-peer payment services along with its public launch in the US.
- With MoneyBeam, N26 users can send and receive money from other active US N26 account holders
Other features: N26 accounts come with a feature that allows users to receive their salary up to two days early.
- This payroll advance feature requires users to have direct deposit set up with their N26 accounts
- Accounts also come with Spaces, which serve as buckets to save money.
- Spaces are essentially drag-and-drop sub-accounts that N26 users can set up to help them organize, plan, and save for specific financial goals.
N26’s brand campaign for US launch
N26 also rolled out a new branding campaign that focuses on the benefits for account holders. The campaign uses the format ‘Loved for _____’ with benefits like transparency, speed, security, peace of mind, and early access.
Celebrating diversity and highlighting benefits Millennials appreciate, N26 appears to be targeting that demographic with its colorful and funky imagery.