Marketing Briefing: Understanding the Gen Z consumer – A Steez bonus feature
- Steez, Tearsheet and Publicis Sapient’s exploration into understanding the Gen Z consumer, is approaching completion.
- For this week’s marketing briefing, you’re getting a bonus Steez feature and a glimpse of what’s to come.
Here’s a fun fact: for the past few months, Tearsheet has been collaborating with our friends at Publicis Sapient to create a project we’re calling…Steez – short for style and ease.
In a nutshell, Steez is the toolkit every FI needs to get to know the Gen Z consumer. In our soon-to-come Steez Podcast, Rebecca Cohen, host of Tearsheet’s staple Acquire Conference, sits down with experts in the space to learn about what it means to serve the rising generation of adults.
And as an Outlier member, you’re getting just a little bit extra.
In this bonus feature, Rebecca sits down with Jonathan Walker, executive director of Elevate’s Center for the New Middle Class (CNMC). Jonathan and his team have conducted surveys and research with focus groups to better understand the unique needs and pain points for non-prime Americans.
Since 2018, CNMC has collected a wealth of information by conducting monthly surveys with both prime and non-prime households to understand what’s happening within their finances. From this, the company has been able to glean a range of insights concerning the Gen Z consumer.
In this Q&A, Jonathan and Rebecca dive into the nitty gritty of the research, like:
- Is a ‘read and heed’ philosophy all you need to teach Gen Zers about financial literacy?
- How does the rise of personalization manifest in offering Gen Z guidance and tools for financial management?
- Gen Z consumers aren’t afraid to switch products if something isn’t working – how should financial firms keep that in mind?
This content is available exclusively to Tearsheet Outlier members.
Missing out? Subscribe today and you’ll receive unlimited access to all Tearsheet content, original research, exclusive webinars and events, member-only newsletters from Tearsheet editors and reporters and much more. Join Outlier now — only $49/mo. Already an Outlier member? Sign in to your account