Out of a field of 64 of the top banks in the U.S., Capital One was named the most innovative bank by Tearsheet readers.
Our final four included 2 highly contested matchups that pitted Ally Bank against Capital One and US Bank against USAA. Capital One and USAA prevailed and then faced each other in the finals. Capital One was ultimately crowned the winner of the tournament.
Voters voted for banks according to three criteria:
- What financial institutions are leading the digital transformation?
- Who offers the best customer experience?
- Who is developing the best tools and services for customers?
Over the past month, we've been running the Money Experience Bracket Challenge. Sponsored by MX, this contest has helped our readers take a break from the difficulties we’re all facing and focus on something wholesome and fun. Our readers were given the opportunity to vote for their favorite banks in head to head matchups.
The response was overwhelming: hundreds of entries and emails from employees and institutions thanking us for this initiative.
There were also prizes given away to participants, including six AirPods and an iPad Pro. Congratulations go out to James Anderson, executive vice president, commercial products at Mastercard for winning the Final Round's iPad Pro. And congratulations to Mary Ellen Georgas-Tellefsen, cxo/svp digital strategy & innovation at OceanFirst Bank for winning the Final Round Apple AirPods.
The top four financial institutions will also receive a lot of love from Tearsheet.
- An interview on the Tearsheet Podcast
- A free individual subscription to Outlier, Tearsheet’s exclusive membership ($600 value)
- A free ticket to attend the next Tearsheet event (DataDay 2020, June 2-4, 2020)
The winning bank or credit union will additionally receive: