Are we in an online lending bubble?
- Online lenders are setting origination records.
- Are things overheating?
We're in an interesting time in online lending. After years of fits and starts and boatloads of money flowing into the sector, record originations are being set all over the industry. We recently explored online lending trends going into 2019 and what participants in the sector are expecting in the near future. Both consumer and business lenders are tracking strongly:
- Square loaned $400+ M in Q3
- GreenSky reported record-high volume
- LendingClub scored record originations
- OnDeck reports record originations
- Goldman Sachs' Marcus , since starting in 2016, has made over $4 billion of loans