Tearsheet’s inaugural annual series – Gens Under the Lens – is a look into the evolving financial archetypes of the generations, from Boomers to Gen X to Millennials to Gen Z. We look at the current research into their beliefs and habits, giving a sharper view for marketers and product people to better understand what drives today’s financial services customers.
This guide for marketers starts off with the oldest generation, currently in their golden years – Boomers – who have a lot to deal with, from retirement coming up and Covid-induced inflation seeping in. After them are the busiest, and often forgotten, financial consumers – Gen Xers – in the peak of both their earning and spending years. Then the biggest and most racially diverse generation yet – Millennials – balancing high student loans and inflation as they set their sights on first major purchases. And finally the youngest financial consumers today – Gen Z, or Zoomers – the most tech-savvy group leading the demand for digital-first finance.
Download the guide to learn about the generational differences across financial consumers:
- The archetype of each generation
- Their money troubles: why they worry
- Their financial literacy: what they know (or don’t)
- Their saving, investing, and spending behaviors
- How they feel towards financial services
- The financial tools and companies serving each generation
- A look into each generation’s upcoming financial future