Investors should always be on the prowl for investment strategies to improve returns while lowering risk.
While everyone knows that options can help here, very few individual investors I’ve met actually have a good strategy to implement options.
John Shon, author of Trading on Corporate Earnings News: Profiting from Short Term Options Positions and a professor of accounting at Fordham University, joins us on this episode to discuss:
- why earnings announcements are good times for investors to make money
- why stocks continue to move big after earnings, even though they’re being scrutinized
- how to use options regardless of whether we’re right about earnings strength/weakness
- how to capitalize on post-earnings announcement drift (stocks continue to move AFTER earnings announcement)
- advice on how to increase chances of success in options strategies around earnings announcements
Listen to the FULL program
About John Shon
John is a professor of accounting at Fordham University. He received his PhD in accounting from the University of Chicago Booth School of Business. He’s not only an options ninja but he’s also a black belt in Tae Kwon Do.
- Trading on Corporate Earnings News (Amazon)
- John Shon (personal website)
- Transcript of my interview with John Shon