Steez Podcast #1: What financial services has learned so far trying to capture, delight, and retain the hearts and minds of today’s youth
- Understanding what makes Gen Z tick is imperative for financial services firms in positioning themselves for future success.
- With a series of 3 interviews, Tearsheet's Steez Podcast explores how this generation is already impacting banking, investing, and payments.
As consumers, Gen Zers are proving themselves to be quite different from previous generations – and that doesn’t just have to do with being digital-first.
Short for ‘style and ease’, Steez marks Tearsheet’s dive into understanding the unique financial demands and preferences of this emerging generation of adults, including in-depth research into consumer behavior and conversations with leading experts in the field.
The industry is light years behind conquering the Gen Z mindset. That’s why we’ve partnered with Publicis Sapient to create #STEEZ, a hub for finserv potentials to learn more about Gen Z and what it means to capture and delight them (download The STEEZ Guide to Gen Z readiness, here: https://steezlife.co/).
First episode of the Steez Podcast
We’re kicking off the first episode of our Steez Podcast with a bang and a common message: youth are the future.. Host Rebecca Cohen was joined by Kristy Kim, CEO of TomoCredit, Michael T. Pugh, CEO, and President of Carver Federal Savings Bank, and Lule Demmissie, CEO of eToro.
- The data: Gen Z already has $360 billion in disposable income, and they’re just getting started.
- How Gen Z is impacting the investment industry and how firms are changing to better serve them
- Why Gen Z sees money differently than previous generations and how that’s impacting payments and credit cards
- The role financial education plays in Gen Z decisioning and how FIs are leveraging their learning assets to increase financial literacy
- How the changing nature of work for young people is impacting what they’re looking for from their financial institutions
Head on over to Steez to listen/watch the first full episode of the Steez Podcast.