If last week’s terrible market has gotten you jittery, check out this episode of Tradestreaming Radio with Amy Cortese.
Amy is a best-selling journalist and author of Locavesting: The Revolution of Local Investing and How to Profit From It, a book all about the potential in investing local, why it’s good for small businesses, neighborhoods and investors and the new platforms enabling investors and local businesses to transact.
She joins us to discuss:
- how investors are tapping into local opportunities and profiting
- why many investors are adopting the “slow money” model
- how some local businesses scale globally and how investors can ride their successes
- crowdfunding’s potential for businesses and investors
- which local investing platforms are really taking off
- the future of investing locally
Listen to the FULL program
About Amy Cortese
Amy is an award-winning journalist whose works have shown up in the New York Times, Portfolio and Business Week. Her first book, Locavesting is an exploration of ideas on crowdfunding and citizen finance (her term).
- locavesting (website)
- locavesting (book on Amazon)
- Slow Money (organization)
- More about Amy Cortese (website)
Even More Resources
Photo credit: <a href=”https://www.flickr.com/photos/thenationalmuseumofdenmark/12433258653/”>National Museum of Denmark</a> / <a href=”https://visualhunt.com”>Visual hunt</a> / <a href=”https://flickr.com/commons/usage/”>No known copyright restrictions</a>