Stripe and Keap, a CRM and marketing automation platform for small businesses, have announced a partnership.
What’s going on: Keap’s 250,000 customers globally can now pay directly on an order form or invoice, and benefit from improved checkout completion, fraud protection, and the opportunity to scale.
- Stripe will power payments for all Keap platforms in North America, Europe, Asia and Latin America.
- Keap is consolidating a number of providers and promoting Stripe as a preferred payments partner to customers.
“Keap’s customers can focus on their business while Stripe works in the background to maximize their revenue and protect against fraud,” said Jeanne DeWitt Grosser, head of North America revenue and growth at Stripe.
What the partnership entails: With Stripe, Keap customers in North America, Europe, Asia and Latin America can accept payments in more than 135 currencies.
- Stripe’s technology and behavior network can help optimize checkout conversion and boost authorization rates for Keap customers.
- Keap customers will have access to Stripe Radar, a set of machine learning-powered fraud tools. Radar learns and adapts defenses based on Stripe’s network and blocks payment fraud for Stripe’s users globally amounting to $500 million each month.
- Keap customers can also set specific rules for edge cases specific to their business.