Bankchain Briefing: What Visa’s Creator Program says about its interest in NFTs￼
- Visa has launched a Creator Program to help digital content creators navigate NFTs.
- The firm has been quite active in blockchain and crypto-related initiatives over the past year.
Visa is going deeper into NFTs. The card giant recently launched the Visa Creator Program, a one-year program that brings together a global cohort of creators and entrepreneurs involved in digital art, music, fashion, and film, who are interested in engaging with NFTs and blockchain technology.
Visa has developed the program in collaboration with former Major League Baseball player-turned NFT artist, Micah Johnson. It’s geared towards entrepreneurs who want to incorporate NFTs into their business model, whether they’ve just minted their first NFT or have several drops under their belt.
The creator economy is one of the fastest-growing categories of small business, with an estimated global market size of over $100 billion. Visa says that around 50 million artists, musicians, and creators currently publish content as a full- or part-time source of income.
Visa’s program is focused on supporting these creators across five areas:
- Technical mentorship with Visa’s crypto product and strategy team on blockchain networks, smart contracts, and NFT marketplaces
- Community building: Exchanging ideas with a network of creators in different stages of their NFT journey
- Access to thought leaders: Hearing from researchers and professionals working across digital commerce, Web3, crypto, and payments
- Exposure to Visa’s clients: Engaging with companies across Visa’s network of clients and partners
- A one-time stipend to help creators with their initial growth
What’s in it for Visa?
This content is available exclusively to Tearsheet Outlier members.
Missing out? Subscribe today and you’ll receive unlimited access to all Tearsheet content, original research, exclusive webinars and events, member-only newsletters from Tearsheet editors and reporters and much more. Join Outlier now — only $49/mo. Already an Outlier member? Sign in to your account