Recommendation for Tradestreaming from Cliff Wachtel, Chief Analyst, Ava FX
As part of our service to our readers we occasionally point out books that are uniquely worthwhile. Here’s one, Zack Miller’s Tradestream Your Way To Profits. Finally, here’s a one-stop guide to the Internet for investors and traders. This is one of the few new investment books that any serious investor or marketer of financial services truly, truly must read, likely to become the definitive guide to using financial social media to improve investment performance. I’d been looking around for something like this, and now, here it is. All serious investors and traders realize that they need guidance, and that there is a lot of great advice on the internet, much of it for little or no cost. Few would dispute that they’d be more profitable following the moves of proven experts. The trick is to sift through the vast online universe to locate the best sources. The idea is simple enough, but it took someone with deep expertise in online media, financial planning, and fund management to distill the best the Internet has to offer. The book provides an overview of how changes in the internet, financial research, social media and online content have given us unprecedented access to some the best investment advice. It then examines 8 different strategies for using online investing resources and provides practical advice for how to implement these 8 approaches, which are:
- Expert Bloggers: How to access the best blogs for new ideas
- Imitate Proven Stars: How to build a portfolio made of the top picks of your chosen gurus.
- Join Expert Communities: How to locate and use online communities to identify and monitor professional or amateur experts.
- Online Resources For Monitoring Crowd Sentiment.
- Screening 2.0: How to create screens suing the same parameters as the pros.
- Tracking Insider Moves
- Tracking Rumors
- Non-Financial Online Resources