[alert type=yellow ]Every week at Tradestreaming, we’re tracking and analyzing the top trends impacting the finance industry. The following is a list of important things going on we think are worth paying attention to. For more in depth trendfollowing, subscribe to Tradestreaming’s newsletter .[/alert]
1. Goldman, JPMorgan Seen as Fintech Winners While AmEx Suffers (Bloomberg)
Goldman Sachs and JPMorgan will probably benefit most from the coming wave of financial technology disruption, rather than being supplanted by startups driving the change, according to a new survey.
2. 2015 Automated Platform Performance Review: Betterment vs. Wealthfront (Meb Faber)
Meb Faber with some good analysis on how Betterment performed this year vs. Wealthfront (and where Schwab and Vanguard come in). Hint: roboadvisors are neither “safe” nor are they one-size-fits-all.
3. Inside J.P. Morgan’s Deal With On Deck Capital (WSJ)
As part of the deal, OnDeck won’t put up any capital and will get fees to originate and service loans for J.P. Morgan, many with a value up to $250,000, previously considered too small to move the needle at the big bank. OnDeck also can use data it gleans from the partnership to improve its lending models. “We think it’s a watershed partnership,” said OnDeck CEO Noah Breslow.
4. Microinsurance Is The Answer To The Insurance Industry (TechCrunch)
In the wake of Lemonade’s giant seed round, the tech industry is buzzing thinking about the potential of disrupting insurance. Whether it’s peer to peer models or microinsurance, Silicon Valley is coming.
5. Nasdaq Linq Enables First-Ever Private Securities Issuance Documented With Blockchain Technology (Nasdaq)
Transaction by Chain.com Marks Significant ‘Proof of Concept’ and Major Step Forward in Use of Blockchain. Blockchain Holds Potential for 99%.