In this week’s podcast, we interview Mick Weinstein, head of content at Covestor, a new investment platform that allows investors to shop for investment advisor like shopping for Pez on eBay. Mick was previously editor-in-chief at Seeking Alpha.
I’ve discussed Covestor and its do-it-yourself model at length both in my book, Tradestream, as well as on my blog. Just as we’ve become accustomed to shop for mutual funds within a supermarket model, it’s been harder to do that within the investment advisory business. Covestor and its competitor, Wealthfront, are changing all that. And financial content will play a key role in the success of these types of firms.
Mick sits right at the edge of what’s happening in financial content and now brings his perspective to Covestor. He’s working with the team there to build out its content platform beyond the transactional infrastructure the firm has invested in building.
- how financial content is being used for lead generation in the finance field
- Mick’s experience building and managing Seeking Alpha’s offering and content team
- tips to building a successful financial content business
- the compliance challenges for financial content when published by an investment firm
- the future of investing
- Read the transcript of my conversation with Mick Weinstein, head of content at Covestor
- Check out the podcast above (or if you don’t see it, here).
- If you use iTunes, our program can be found here.
- We’ve also made available all our radio archives, as well.