Steez Podcast #5: Gen Zers – the sustainable generation
- Gen Z and Millennials make up 50% of the world’s population. And 75% agree that their investment decisions can influence climate change.
- They are not just investing to align with their values. They're actively driving change with their purchasing preferences and with every transaction.
Download the guide to Gen Z readiness
We’ve deciphered the code and collected the facts. The stage is set for everything you need to know about Gen Z, and what it actually means to capture and delight them.
Gen Zers - the sustainable generation
Climate change and social inequality have been around since Gen Z was born. But thanks to social media, this new generation, along with Millennials, is bringing greater awareness and urgency, propelling these causes to the mainstream.
Together, Gen Z and Millennials make up 50% of the world’s population. Nine out of 10 Millennials are interested in sustainable investing – 75% of them agree that their investment decisions can influence climate change. They are not just investing to align with their values. They're actively driving change with every purchasing preference and with every transaction.
It’s imperative that financial institutions make their sustainable missions clear and accessible because Gen Z and Millennial generations are holding their banks accountable.
The industry is light years behind conquering the Gen Z mindset. That’s why we’ve partnered with Publicis Sapient to create #STEEZ, a hub for finserv potentials to learn more about Gen Z and what it means to capture and delight them (download The STEEZ Guide to Gen Z readiness, here: https://steezlife.co/).
Fifth episode of the Steez Podcast
In today’s episode, we talk about how Gen Z views sustainable investing. They are not just investing to align with their values. They are actively driving change with every purchasing preference and transaction.
Our host, Rebecca Cohen, is joined by Jessica Matthews, Managing Director and Global Head of Sustainable Investing at J.P. Morgan, and Jean-Louis Warnholz (CEO and Co-founder), Eunice Jung (Head of Partnerships) from Future.
- Why legacy is no longer a key factor in gaining and keeping Gen Z customers
- Why the world of investing is due for a pivot towards sustainability, driven by the younger investor
- How FIs can make their sustainable missions clear and accessible
- Key themes financial services should keep top-of-mind when servicing Gen Z
Head on over to Steez to listen/watch the full episode.