Steez Podcast #3: FinTok, meme stocks, and everything in between
- In today’s episode, we talk about FinTok, and why Gen Zers are getting their financial education from social media.
- Our host, Rebecca Cohen is joined by Michael Wang, founder, and CEO of Prometheus, Jeff Frommer, Chief Content Officer at MoneyLion, and Michael Borough founder of Altro.
Gen Zers are looking for purpose, alignment, and a sense of community. With an attention span of 8 seconds, they consume content differently from previous generations. They create small tribes in the comment sections of financial influencers’ posts where they feel comfortable asking personal questions like, "Hey, this is what I'm going through; what would you do?"
Hence, TikTok remains the number one social media platform and one of the central places where Gen Zers learn about finance.
The younger generation is learning about banking, investing, and credit from content creators on social media. They condense complicated concepts into 1-minute videos that are entertaining, and educational, with actionable takeaways.
The industry is light years behind conquering the Gen Z mindset. That’s why we’ve partnered with Publicis Sapient to create #STEEZ, a hub for finserv potentials to learn more about Gen Z and what it means to capture and delight them (download The STEEZ Guide to Gen Z readiness, here: https://steezlife.co/).
Third episode of the Steez Podcast
In today’s episode, we talk about FinTok, and why Gen Zers are getting their financial education from social media. Our host, Rebecca Cohen is joined by Michael Wang, founder, and CEO of Prometheus, Jeff Frommer, Chief Content Officer at MoneyLion, and Michael Borough founder of Altro.
- What exactly is FinTok? And how it differs from traditional financial education.
- How to create impactful content that caters to the ever-disappearing attention span.
- How financial literacy is the starting point of solving America’s credit score issues
- How technology is bringing Wall Street to Main street, by democratizing investment advice.
Head on over to Steez to listen/watch the full episode: