It may look easy to launch a crowdfunding campaign, raise hundreds of thousands of dollars, and hit your targets...but it ain't. The secret behind many of Kickstarter and Indiegogo's largest and most successful crowdfunding campaigns is that they have professional help behind them. They hire guys like Command Partners' Roy Morejon to run integrated Internet marketing campaigns, outreach with guerilla PR, and produce awesome crowdfunding videos. David and Zack bring Roy on to TWiC to discuss what's tips and techniques are working for project backers. In our news roundup, we talk about the growing internatlization of crowdfunding and the Kickstarter Film Festival 2014 in Brooklyn and the rising importance of platform branding in crowdfunding. Lastly, co-host Zack "Attack" Miller digs deep into his experience producing over 20 crowdfunding videos and takes us through the 5 steps to make a captivating and successful crowdfunding video.
Listen to the FULL Episode
About Roy MorejonRoy is the President of Command Partners, a full service marketing agency focused on crowdfunding.
Resources mentioned in the podcast
- Kickstarter Film Festival 2014
- The problem with founders (TechCrunch)
- Kickstarter set to open in Ireland
- Rippr may be first equity crowdfunding campaign in New Zealand
- How China could introduce equity crowdfunding ahead of US and Europe (Forbes)
- Crowdfunding could be a $50 billion business by 2025 (Quartz)
- Crowdfunding's potential for the developing world (World Bank report)