Online lending is enjoying its moment. New platforms are launching monthly and raising hundreds of millions of dollars in debt and equity in a race to redefine how we borrow and from whom. And it’s not just a US phenomenon -- it's happening globally. [caption id="attachment_5386" align="alignright" width="248"] Sam Hodges, Funding Circle[/caption] Starting 5 years ago, Funding Circle was an early player in this marketplace lending space and has emerged as a leader servicing SMBs. The firm is originating $100 million in SMB loans every month and since inception has lent $1.7 billion to 12,000 businesses. The company was quick to expand internationally -- with strong footholds in Western Europe and the US. The company is exclusively focused on providing finance to small business owners worldwide. Institutional lenders are looking to deploy capital across markets and Funding Circle is enjoying scale advantages from this exposure. Sam Hodges, the co-founder of Funding Circle USA, joins us on the Tradestreaming Podcast to discuss the challenges he and his company successfully navigated in growing the business globally and how he’s planning to continue growing out into the next year.
Listen to the FULL episodeWhat you'll hear on this podcast:
- How Funding Circle is leveraging its sole focus on lending to SMBs
- The challenges of taking a fintech company global early on and why, for Funding Circle, it makes all the difference
- How Sam and the rest of the Funding Circle team overcame these challenges
- How institutional lenders turn to firms like Funding Circle to help deploy capital across markets
- How Funding Circle prioritizes entering new markets and how the company sizes up these opportunities
THIS WEEK’S SPONSORThis week’s episode of the Tradestreaming Podcast was sponsored by Collective2 — automated trading for humans. Choose one of the thousands of automated trading strategies at Collective2, and trade it in your brokerage account. To learn more, go to www.collective2.com/tradestreaming and as a Tradestreaming listener, you will get $55 off the first strategy you publish to Collective2.
- Funding Circle (website)