On Tradestreaming Radio, we’re interviewing lots of innovative entrepreneurs, investors, and researchers all trying to make investors better at what they do. Check out our archives. Subscribe on iTunes.
Investors are always on the lookout for tools and technologies that make their lives easier.
BorntoSell.com's covered call screener
replaces all those clunky spreadsheets investors used to use to track their positions. Good for producing income in retirement or just eking a few percentage points out of a portfolio, covered calls are a very common part of investing for many investors.
And founder, Mike Scanlin believes using covered call strategies will become more common
as his company expands the market with easy-to-use and functional tools
with quick and useful idea generation
Founder of BTS, Scanlin is a technologist turned VC turned entrepreneur and he shares with us that transition and many of the tools and techniques he used to start, build and grow his young firm.
- how Scanlin left a sweet VC job (partner!) to venture out on his own
- what techniques he's employed to build awareness, traffic, and revenues to his site
- what it takes to develop successful investing tools
- why he's self-funded
- why he's focused singularly on covered calls with BorntoSell and
- why he's chosen to stay away from managing real portfolios or offering alert services
About Mike Scanlin
Mike Scanlin left a sweet job as a VC partner to found BorntoSell.com
, a killer new app that streamlines the research process for finding -- and trading -- covered calls.
Even more resources
***If you are listening to this podcast on iTunes -- run (don't walk) and please rate/rank this show. Share with others the value you're getting out of this program.***