In this week's episode of Tradestreaming Radio, we interview James Valentine, author of the new book, Best Practices for Equity Research Analysts: Essentials for Buy-Side and Sell-Side Analysts. Jim brings a ton of information and experience into the only book I know of that addresses the business of being an equity researcher, whether on the sell side or buy side. But beyond that, this book is about the art and science of professional investing. We discuss:
- the need for stock researchers to sharpen organizational skills
- killer apps to monitor stocks
- "food chain analysis"
- how analysts communicate in the age of social media, and a lot more
Listen to the FULL ProgramI really enjoyed this book because it fills a gap in the literature, not only in terms of how to research stocks professionally, but also how to manage the practice of being a professional researcher. Jim has a lot of his history and on the job experience built into this book. It’s as much a book about investing as it is the business of investing. I think it was a fantastic read. I recommend it. And, I hope that you’ll find this interview very engaging. Check out the transcript to dig in.
- check out the transcript of my interview with Jim Valentine, author of Best Practices for Equity Research Analysts
- Check out the podcast above (or if you don't see it, here). If you use iTunes our program can be found here.
- Tradestream radio archives