We’re looking for a part-time audio visual specialist to help with audio editing for our weekly podcast and video editing of our webinars and virtual conferences.
Tearsheet is a leading media company obsessively focused on the impact technology has on the financial services and fintech industries.
Avidly read and listened to by leaders in top financial institutions, fintechs and technology companies in the US and around the world, Tearsheet brings a fresh perspective on the trends and events shaping the converging worlds of finance, retail, data and technology.
To find out more about Tearsheet and our culture see below.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Audio and Video Podcast Editor
Hours: Part-time (approximately 10-15 hours per week)
Location: Remote, work from home
The Tearsheet Podcast is one of the most listened to podcasts in the financial services sector with over 800,000 subscribers. Tearsheet reporters create audio content every week that you’ll edit into finished podcasts that are distributed throughout Tearsheet’s media channels.
Reporting to our Editor-in-Chief and working with members of our editorial team, you’ll receive raw audio clips that you’ll spin into a professionally-produced podcast, complete with intro and outro music and audio.
Tearsheet also hosts occasional webinars and conferences, so you need to be good at turning raw Zoom recordings into professional-quality videos ready for online publication.
- Editing raw audio clips into professionally-produced podcasts, complete with intro and outro music and audio
- Editing raw video clips into professionally-produced videos complete with intro and outro slides and music, reformating, video enhancements and other creative elements
- Being an A/V creative force in Tearsheet to better improve our A/V content
- Professional experience editing audio and video a must
- Experience using Adobe Audition and Adobe Premiere Pro a plus
- Ability to work under tight deadlines with fast turn-around times
- Creativity — in addition to editing, Tearsheet is open for editorial direction and production to continue to improve the quality of our audio and visual products
- Professional editing equipment: computer with fast processing speeds, professional software
- Excellent internet connectivity (to upload large file sizes)
- Strong work ethic, honesty, friendliness, self-starter and strong team player – a must
- Ability to work with diverse multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary teams – a must
- Detail-oriented and efficient – a must
ENGAGEMENT STRUCTURE, COMPENSATION, AND BENEFITS
- This position is as a part-time independent contractor
- 7,500-10,000 PKR monthly starting comp based on experience for three month trial period (hourly prorated to 10 hours of work per week – equivalent to 30,000-35,000 full-time employment)
- 8,500-10,000 PKR monthly salary (hourly prorated) after successful trial period
- Generous paid holidays, vacation days
- Bi-annual success-based bonuses
- Bi-annual company fun days, Bi-annual holiday gifts, Weekly virtual happy hours
- An amazing work environment that nurtures personal and professional growth
- A world-class company to build your career
WORKDAYS AND HOURS
- Hours: We’ll usually send you files the day before to work on in the morning
- Monday – Friday
- Weekends on rare occasions (compensated at 1.5x weekly hourly rate)
- Timezone: Pakistan Time
Click here to apply for this position.
Openness, empowerment and the nurturing of personal and professional growth are core values at Tearsheet. We celebrate the passion, creativity and commitment of our team members and work hard to ensure that every team member has the opportunity to become their best selves.
Tearsheet’s positive, transparent and informal company culture creates a space for our team members to think outside the box and grow in knowledge and experience. Our generous compensation packages, great benefits and promotion tracks recognize and rewards our team members for their dedication and commitment.
We are always on the lookout for amazing people to bring into our team. If you’re smart, friendly and hard-working, and are looking to get out of your comfort zone and expand your potential, apply to one of our open positions and take the first step to building your future in a truly unique company.
Given our great culture and compensation & benefits packages, lots of people are interested in joining Tearsheet’s team. We are therefore looking for the very best — amazing individuals who believe they have what it takes to excel in our great company and in these interesting and fulfilling positions and make a huge difference to Tearsheet and to themselves.
If you’re awesome and think you have what it takes, click here to apply!
Looking forward to hearing from you!