[alert type=yellow ]Every week at Tradestreaming, we’re tracking and analyzing the top trends impacting the finance industry. The following is a list of important things going on we think are worth paying attention to. For more in depth trendfollowing, subscribe to Tradestreaming’s weekly newsletter (published every Sunday).[/alert]
1. [podcast] Why a 164 year old payments giant partnered with the hottest social media tool on the planet (Tradestreaming)
Western Union CIO joins the Tradestreaming Podcast to talk about his new partnership with WeChat (650 million active users) and how social and payments are a great match.
2. List of the top 100 #fintech influencers (Jay Palter)
Interesting list by Jay Palter on the top 100 influential people in fintech (Tradestreaming’s CEO, Zack Miller, is included in this list).
3. The 10 Best Fintech Books To Have In Your Library (fintechnews.sg)
What’s on your shelf? These books should be.
4. What Does Phone Usage Say About Creditworthiness? (PYMNTS)
So, how does a firm evaluate credit when dealing with a population without access to standard credit monitoring or mainstream banking products? It looks at their phones.
5. Trulioo’s Stephen Ufford: “Missing element to provide financial services for the 2.5 billion unbanked lies in a digital footprint” (Tradestreaming)
User identification is a seemingly simple problem, yet it stands in the way of truly opening up fintech applications. Until now, doing it well has remained elusive. Trulioo is trying to change that.