I got great feedback from my interview with Locavesting’s Amy Cortese. People are frustrated with the stock market and many are looking for new alternatives for their investment dollars.
I decided to put together a mini-course on alternative investing and the greater Slow Money movement.
What you’ll learn
In the Finding Opportunities Outside the Stock Market mini-course, you’ll learn
- the move afoot to create local stock markets
- how to invest in private companies without needing to be SUPER wealthy
- why many investors are investing in farmland and how they’re doing it
- how to make money while investing in your local economy
How to get the course
Go here to access your course on alternative investing.
With all this roller-coaster riding on the ride that is today’s stock market, I was taken by a conversation I had with Amy Cortese, author of Locavesting.
The conversation centered on the after-effects of landmark legislation creating a two-tiered framework of investor classes:
- accredited investors (the rich)
- the rest of us
This bifurcation of the investor population basically enables the rich to invest in private companies while the rest of us are relegated to investing in public markets (essentially, our current stock exchanges). Continue reading “With volatility, should investors be thinking beyond existing stock markets?”