[alert type=yellow ]Every week at Tradestreaming, we’re tracking and analyzing the top trends impacting the finance industry. The following is a list of important things going on we think are worth paying attention to. For more in depth trendfollowing, subscribe to Tradestreaming’s newsletters .[/alert]
1. Is the marketplace lending industry in trouble? Here’s what we know. (Tradestreaming)
Trouble may be a bit strong but suffice it to saw, the business going forward looks a lot different than the fast-growth era we just emerged from. Here’s what’s going on.
- Professional marketplace lending association aims for clarity, transparency (Tradestreaming)
- Marketplace lender, Prosper ends Citi securitization pact (Nasdaq)
- Online lenders dial back marketing in response to softer investor demand (WSJ)
- Institutional investors taking leap into marketplace lending (BusinessWire)
2. Wall Street’s top bitcoin projects (Tradestreaming)
Less than 1% of internet users are currently using bitcoin, but incumbent financial institutions are busy testing blockchain technology.
3. Asset managers, prepare to have your business disrupted (Institutional Investor)
The combination of new tech, shifting demographics, and client needs is bringing a sea change to the asset management industry.
4. LendKey deploys $1 billion in capital to borrowers (Finextra)
LendKey, a tech company that helps incumbent FIs manage private label online lending offerings, announced it has powered more than $1 billion in lender capital to borrowers.
5. Selling Data: The emerging role of finance’s Chief Revenue Officer (Tradestreaming)
Selling financial data is sexy again and because of that, we’re seeing examples of a new role forming: the Chief Revenue Officer. As revenue production enters the C-suite, we take a closer look at 5 things that drive success.