Every week at Tradestreaming, we’re tracking and analyzing the top trends impacting the finance industry. The following is a list of important things going on we think are worth paying attention to. For more in depth trendfollowing, subscribe to Tradestreaming’s weekly newsletter (published every Sunday).
1. Computers vs. Humans: Who wins the investment game? (Tradestreaming)
Do humans have an innate ability to pick winning stocks or should we turn everything over to the machines. A frank conversation with 2 experts moderated by Tradestreaming’s managing editor, Zack Miller and hosted on Dealbreaker.
2. A Future Where Virtual Reality and Finance Converge (Finance Magnates)
In this week’s Fintech Spotlight, Finance Magnates delves into how virtual reality could become a big data tool of the future in the finance industry.
3. The Next Fintech Boom: Resource Maximization (Bank Innovation)
Former Thomson Reuters CEO, Tom Glocer predicts fintech startups to begin squeezing more out of the financial system. “Think of all the underutilized financial resources out there — credit lines, savings, advisory, illiquid assets. All are ripe for maximization.”
4. Why Every Financial Institution Needs a Digital Champion Now (The Financial Brand)
Is anyone spearheading your organization’s digital strategy? Here’s what banks and credit unions should look for when creating this new role.
5. Robo-Advisors Squeeze Advisor Profits, Not Fees (Michael Kitces)
Michael Kitces with a thoughtful analysis of the robo-advisor trend and how it’s impacting the AUM fees investors pay (it’s not what you think it is). While fees don’t seem to be dropping, profit margins are indeed getting squeezed. Worth a read.