Tearsheet, the most influential financial media company in the US, is looking for a media sales pro to join our advertising and sponsorship sales team, working remotely to sell into the US financial services and fintech markets.
The ideal candidate should have mastery of the entire sales process, from lead gen to follow-up, proposals to negotiations, closing and hand-off to finance and customer success.
Strong preference for people who come from the media/advertising industry.
You should have:
- Extensive successful media sales experience (minimum 3+ years)
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from start to finish
- Ability to meet monthly and quarterly sales targets
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Able to articulate Tearsheet's distinct aspects of services and products
- Knowledge of how to develop client-focused, differentiated and achievable solutions
- Ability to work independently and remotely from home
- Strong team player
- Flexible work hours to sell into the US market
Tearsheet explores the convergence of financial services and technology. We’re a modern media firm, combining daily in-depth articles, podcasts and video content on the financial services industry with events, award programs, and a content studio for our partners.
Our articles, videos, podcasts, and newsletters are avidly consumed by some of the most influential decision-makers and digital leaders in the industry from top US financial services companies and fintech firms.
Our Fortune 500 sponsors turn to Tearsheet to reach their target audience. Companies such as Visa, Salesforce, PNC Bank, Mastercard and Fiserv are just a few of our many loyal sponsors. We’ve had 300% year-over-year revenue growth since 2019, and we’ve only just begun!
There are many companies within the fintech and financial services industries eager to reach our target audience. We’re looking for a bright, take-charge sales pro to join our sales team and sell to these prospects and customers.
The right person will need to have the desire and ability to jump in, roll up his or her sleeves and take ownership of the entire sales process, from utilizing our extensive database to leveraging relationships in this industry, from working inbound and outbound leads to sales development, from inside sales to working with client success to upsell and crosssell.
If you’re someone who lives and breathes sales success, is gifted with the ability to strategize, plan and execute sales from beginning to end, ideate sales processes, tweak messages and sponsorship packages, roll up your sleeves and sell, you’ve come to the right place!
If you’re interested in joining a firm on the frontlines of technology’s impact on the financial services industry, we’re looking for you to join our team of journalists, editors, marketing, and operations professionals.
This is a full-time position.
Anywhere in the world. We work from home and have regular online meetings and strategy sessions with the rest of our international sales team. Some travel to the US might be required but not a regular part of the job.
Who we’re looking for
Not everyone can join a company of this caliber. To be seriously considered for the role, you need to be the following:
- You’re a sales visionary: You have a penchant for visualizing and planning sales strategies, and then just getting them done. Your enthusiasm complements your drive for success. You bring a vision to life.
- A full stack sales pro: From concept to logistics to putting butts into our customer roster, you’ll own our sales lifecycle. You’ll collaborate with multi-functional team members across the company.
- Utility player: You may not yet be a fintech sales guru but you’re quick and willing to learn a new subject and sell to a new audience. You’re able to move between ideation, planning, and execution.
- Alone and together: There is a lot of autonomy in this role, so you should be self-motivated and self-sufficient. There’s also a fair amount of creativity in the role, so you must be able to gracefully receive feedback about your work to successfully navigate within our organization and with our partners.
- A true sales professional: You will be tasked with lead sourcing, demoing, negotiating, nurturing, closing, team leading, forecasting, and hitting your and your team’s targets.
Fintech experience is not required but you have an interest and curiosity in learning about this exciting field. Demonstrable, proven ability to sell complex solutions, advertising, or sponsorships is required. You’ve done this high level of sales in previous roles. We have sales targets, so you should be comfortable meeting or exceeding these types of targets in the recent past.
Aaron Singer, CEO