We are looking for a motivated and experienced Director of Online Media Sales. You will lead our sales team, design strategic sales plans, and assess how best to reach goals and grow. In addition to being an excellent communicator, our ideal candidate will also demonstrate exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills.
Preference for people who come from the media / advertising industry.
You should have:
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from start to finish
- Proven successful end-to-end sales experience
- Self-motivated with managerial experience and ability to meet quarterly sales targets
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Able to articulate the distinct aspects of services and products
- Knowledge of how to develop client-focused, differentiated and achievable solutions
Tearsheet is one of the most influential media brands in in the banking sector, exploring the conference of financial services and technology. We’re a modern media firm, combining daily reporting on the financial services industry with events, award programs, and a content studio for our partners. Our articles, podcasts, and newsletters are read widely by decision makers and digital leaders in top US financial services companies and fintech firms.
Our written content, newsletters, podcasts, and events are avidly consumed by some of the most influential people in this industry. Our Fortune 500 sponsors turn to Tearsheet to reach their target audience.
There are many companies within the fintech and financial services industries eager to reach our target audience. Companies such as Visa, PNC Bank and Fiserv are just a few of our many loyal sponsors. We’ve had 400% year over year revenue growth since 2019, and we’ve only just begun!
We’re looking for a bright, take-charge sales pro to lead our sales team and efforts, owning the entire sales process end-to-end. You need to have the desire and ability to jump in, roll up your sleeves and take ownership of our US sales, from mining our extensive database and relationships in this industry, to working inbound and outbound lead, to sales development, inside sales and sponsor success. The right candidate will be building our revenue while building our sales infrastructure and taking us from where we currently are (successful, but still small and scrappy) to a mature, efficient sales machine.
You’ll also be leading a young international team who you will be mentoring to being the best they can possibly be, and you’ll be hiring more sales and business development people to build out your team into a truly world class organization. But to start, you’ll also feel completely comfortable jumping into the trenches yourself, selling directly to customers and and leading by example.
If you’re someone who lives and breathes sales success, is gifted with the ability to strategize, plan and execute sales from beginning to end, ideate sales processes, tweak messages and sponsorship packages, rolls up your sleeves and sells, loves training and inspiring salespeople, knows how to hire new sales people and can lead the team that brings in the most revenue for the company, you’ve come to the right place!
If you’re interested in joining a firm on the frontlines of technology’s impact on the financial services industry, we’re looking for you to join our team of journalists, editors, marketing, and operations professionals.
This is a full time position.
Anywhere in Israel. We do work from home but we have weekly in-person meetings and strategy sessions at our country club offices in Jerusalem (one of the perks of working here).
Who we’re looking for
Not everyone can head up sales at this caliber. To be seriously considered for the role, you need to be the following:
- You’re a sales visionary: You have a penchant for visualizing and planning sales strategies, and then just getting them done. Your enthusiasm complements your drive for success. You bring a vision to life.
- A full stack sales leader: From concept to logistics to putting butts into our customer roster, you’ll own our sales lifecycle. You’ll collaborate with multi-functional team members across the company.
- Utility player: You may not yet be a fintech sales guru but you’re quick and willing to learn a new subject and sell to a new audience. You’re able to move between ideation, planning, and execution.
- Alone and together: There is a lot of autonomy to this role, so you should be self-motivated and self-sufficient. There’s also a fair amount of creativity in the role, so you must be able to gracefully receive feedback about your work to successfully navigate within our organization and with our partners.
- A true sales professional: The sales team leader will be tasked with lead sourcing, demoing, negotiating, nurturing, closing, team leading, forecasting, hitting your and your team’s targets.
Fintech experience is not required but you have an interest and curiosity in learning about this exciting field. A demonstrable, proven ability of selling complex solutions, advertising or sponsorships is required. You’ve done this high level of sales in previous roles. We have sales targets, so you should be comfortable meeting or exceeding these types of targets in the recent past.
Aaron Singer, CEO