Tearsheet is a leading media company obsessively focused on the impact technology has on the financial services and fintech industries.
Avidly read by leaders in top financial institutions, fintechs and technology companies in the US and around the world, Tearsheet brings a fresh perspective on the trends and events shaping the converging worlds of finance, retail, data and technology.
Openness, empowerment and the nurturing of personal and professional growth are core values at Tearsheet. We celebrate the passion, creativity and commitment of our team members and work hard to ensure that every team member has the opportunity to become their best selves.
“I love working at Tearsheet! It’s so caring, empowering and growth-oriented here.”
Mubashir Jamil, Awards Program Coordinator
Tearsheet’s positive, transparent and informal company culture creates a space for our team members to think outside the box and grow in knowledge and experience. Our compensation packages, great benefits and promotion tracks recognize and reward our team members for their dedication and commitment.
“I’m constantly being given new and interesting responsibilities. I’ve grown so much at Tearsheet, the sky’s the limit!”
Zujaja Baig, Program Coordinator
We are always on the lookout for amazing people to bring into our team. If you’re smart, friendly and hard-working, and are looking to get out of your comfort zone and expand your potential, apply to one of our open positions and take the first step to building your future in a truly unique company.
FINANCIAL SERVICES JOURNALIST
- The Financial Services Journalist is a full time position and offered on an independent contractor basis.
The Financial Services Journalist reports to our founder and editor in chief.
Tearsheet looks at the financial services industry through the lenses of professionals who work in the industry. We’re read widely by heads of product, technology, digital, and marketing at some of the most influential financial institutions in the world.
You’ll be tasked with telling stories related to technology’s impact on the financial services industry — how it’s impacting products and services, becoming more responsive to clients’ needs and wants, customer acquisition, and culture.
Our journalists are given a lot of independence in their writing. They also receive daily editorial guidance and support in determining the right hooks and approaches to their articles.
Given our great culture and compensation & benefits packages, lots of people are interested in joining Tearsheet’s team. We are therefore looking for the very best — amazing individuals who believe they have what it takes to excel in our great company and in these interesting and fulfilling positions and make a huge difference to Tearsheet and to themselves.
If you’re awesome and think you have what it takes, read on and apply!
- Research and write well-constructed, sourced articles (400-600 words) about companies and themes for our community of 800,000 subscribers
- Ability to go deeper into a new product and also take a 50,000 foot view of industry-level trends
- Comfort and professionalism in sourcing new stories. You’ll be talking to leaders in financial services and financial technology and represent the Tearsheet brand.
- Ability to collaborate with our editorial team. We’re open, transparent and respectful and we work together to develop and publish our stories.
- Mother tongue level command of written and spoken English.
- Detail orientation — you will be interested in getting the facts and dates straight, along with who’s doing what and how they’re doing it.
- Curiosity — you want to learn the stories behind the stories, probing deeper and asking further questions, going beyond press releases and marketing-talk
- Education — what education you received isn’t as important as your experiences as a journalist.
- Experience — We’re looking for professionals with at least 3 years of experience writing for a major business publication.
- Ability to work remotely and independently — a must
- Interest in working with diverse multi-cultural/multinational team – a must
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills – a must
- Good work environment including personal computer with video conferencing capability, mobile, good internet connection – a must
Engagement Structure, Compensation, and Benefits
- This position is as a full-time independent contractor
- 30,000-35,000 PKR monthly starting comp based on experience for three month trial period
- 35,000-40,000 PKR (ie 5k PKR more than starting salary) after successful trial period
- Generous paid holidays, vacation days
- Bi-annual success-based bonuses
- Bi-annual company fun days, Bi-annual holiday gifts, monthly virtual happy hours
- An amazing work environment that nurtures personal and professional growth
- A world-class company to build your career
Workdays and hours
- Monday – Friday
- Timezone: Pakistan Time
- This is not an hourly job, but in general our team members work around 45-50 hours a week, with breaks for meals.
- We strongly believe in fostering great life balance, and while these positions do require some hours that overlap with US hours for inte, there is some flexibility in setting your own hours, for example, 8 AM-12PM and 3PM-8PM, etc, depending on your personal schedule requirements and the requirements of the job.
Click here to apply for this position.
Looking forward to hearing from you!